MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a subdivision of CCBD, is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the global online consumer deposits business and the US online consumer lending business, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. This unique dynamic allows us to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you passionate about digital consumer banking? We're looking for a Vice President to join our consumer banking compliance team. You will focus on developing the requirements and compliance management system for consumer banking products.
Our consumer banking compliance team partners with all functional areas of the Digital Finance business to advise on business strategy, develop compliant processes within the business, implement compliance processes, systems, and digital tools for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and report on the status of such risk. From day one you will be involved in building this new business for the Firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Advise cross-functional teams on requirements in connection with development of consumer banking programs and operations
- Support strategic adaptation of the Firm's compliance program for consumer banking operations
- Develop data analytics and reporting techniques for monitoring effectiveness of compliance
- Deploy technology to facilitate monitoring and reporting of compliance risk
- Provide training on applicable compliance requirements
- Coordinate activities of cross-functional control function teams to address product-related risks (e.g., fair lending, privacy, complaint handling, BSA/AML, etc.)
- Present on compliance program to senior management, committees and regulators
- 10+ years of compliance, operations, or legal experience in financial services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent military experience
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state consumer lending laws and regulations as well as industry association standards, including, among others, Truth in Lending Act (Reg Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg B), Fair Credit Reporting Act (Reg V), UDAAP, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Reg P), the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, PCI requirements and NACHA Rules
- Must be self-directed, organized, positive, driven, detail-oriented, and effective in a fast-paced, changing environment
- MBA or JD a plus
- Operational knowledge of consumer banking industry and products
- Strong understanding of digital and retail focused businesses
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business and key functional support areas like Internal Audit, Legal, Technology, and Risk.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Job ID: 2017-40742
Schedule Type: Full Time
Level: Vice President/Executive Director, Associate
Function(s): Consumer Banking
Division: Consumer and Commercial Banking Division
Business Unit: Digital Finance - NY
Employment Type: Employee