The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York Workers' Compensation Law. The Fund's mission is to guarantee the availability of workers' compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to employers, while maintaining a solvent fund, as well as to provide timely and appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers. NYSIF is a self-supporting insurance carrier that competes with private insurers in both the workers' compensation and disability benefits markets in New York State. With 160,000 policyholders, over $2 billion in annual premium and $17 billion of assets, NYSIF is the largest workers' compensation carrier in the state and among the top ten largest workers' compensation carriers in the nation. NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 61,000 New York employers.
Illustrative Duties: The Senior Quantitative Portfolio Analyst will be an integral part of NYSIF’s Investment Department, which manages over $17 billion in multi asset class portfolios. The Analyst will be responsible for working closely with the Chief Strategy/Risk Officer and Chief Investment Officer on portfolio composition, asset- liability strategies, portfolio risk management, and enhancing and developing portfolio analytics among other initiatives.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Help quantify risk exposures for all NYSIF portfolios that include USD Credit, Collateralized Mortgage Obligations, Commercial Mortgage-backed Securities, Asset-backed Securities, Public Equity, and other alternative asset classes
- Work closely with Chief Strategy/Risk Officer and Chief Investment Officer on portfolio optimization and scenario analysis; help devise strategies to achieve stated portfolio objectives
- Use various systems (Bloomberg PORT, Aladdin, Yield Book and Intex) and compile exposure and risk related data
- Assist in measuring and monitoring various factor exposures across asset portfolio
- Help measure, monitor, manage and report on various portfolio risk metrics such as VaR, Credit VaR, Expected Shortfall, Tracking Error, stress testing, Asset-Liability analysis, etc.
- Participate and contribute to regular portfolio strategy, credit review and risk management meetings; contribute with ideas to improve portfolio structure, risk measurement, investment process, etc.
- Generate internal and external risk reports for investment department, executive staff, and NYSIF’s Board of Commissioners
- Review and produce performance attribution for internally managed portfolios
Additional Information: This is a New York State position designated in the exempt jurisdictional class. The official Civil Service title for this position is Special Investment Officer.
How to Apply: Candidates should email or mail a resume and cover letter to the address noted below.
The New York State Insurance Fund
15 Computer Drive West Albany, NY 12205
E-Mail address: [email protected]